Saturday, September 20, 2014

Loud, Proud, Daring

I guess for some people criticizing is their best form of flattery. I didn't take this to heart because I've heard it so many times that I'm basically immune.

 My point in sharing this is that just because there is a lot of mean critique and bashing, it doesn't mean you're in the wrong. Sometimes the lack of control gets the better part of someone and when they realize that they can no longer have you be just like they want to, they start trying to get you to the "right path" with harsh words and comments.

At this point in my life I have come into the realization that Eleanor Roosevelt's words ring true to this day, "Do what you feel in your heart to be right-- for you'll be criticized anyway." I have done what other's say is the law, I've met people half way, and have listened to myself. And most of the time listening to instinct and intuition is by far the best, not because your'e perfect. but because you know you and can often do what's best for yourself.

Today, looking at myself in the mirror, I see imperfections, but I also see myself as a queen, not afraid to be who she is, loud, proud, daring. Look at yourself in the mirror and appreciate yourself for the good, fix the bad, and work on the ugly!

Ary


No comments:

Post a Comment