Monday, September 8, 2014

Extraordinary Girl, Ordinary Life

Here I am. This extraordinary girl stuck in this ordinary life. Ever since I was little, I've been something else. I was that little troublemaker, the cutie, the grumpy, Ary. I have always been me. But lately I have been trying really hard to just live the life that I was dealt and work. Right now, that isn't really turning out so great. Mediocre paycheck, long hours worked, and all of this comes very short of satisfying. I've always had dreams to be more than just some suburban chick working behind a desk with a 9-5 job. What have I dreamed of exactly? I can't say. But I just know that I don't want me to go to waste by just being a bystander. Some people may be happy that they have a job, and a partially am, but I am not one to settle for something I am unhappy with. I like to climb the ladder all the way to the top, and right now, I guess I'm still at the bottom. I get it, I'm young, but isn't that when I should be most excited about life, travel, friends, and adventure? Yes! But looking at my surroundings, all signs point to routine.

Currently, it seems that I may be able to paint a pretty picture, but I'm not so sure about the execution. I need to find my niche. Is it singing? I love to sing, but every time I hear playbacks I hate the sound of my voice! But it's a soul thing. Songs are words the heart alone can't say, and I love telling a story with song. Or is it writing? I love writing, but only as a hobby. I like to write when I'm inspired, not when I'm told to. Makeup? I love makeup, it's an art form, but then I would have to work on weekends so no. But the one thing that has always come to mind is that no matter how good you are at something, there are always other people that are better, and that sucks! I mean what's the point if one can't be the best at something? And yes, one can be the best in one's area, but that's boring.

Some people are the simplest of folk, and they are just as happy watching the sunrise as they are doing their favorite thing in the world. Good for them. I applaud them. But this chick over here ain't like that. I need action, motivation, variety!

Someone recently told me that it was all about attitude. And I'm thinking to myself, "how much more positive can I be?" Without being fake or creepy? I'm as real as they come and I cannot be plastic! I try to deal with situations and day-to-day life as positively as possible, but that does not mean that I will be this happy-go-lucky chick with a Chiclet smile 24/7....uh that's a no-no! And sometimes I wonder if I am the world's most unsatisfied person, but then I look around at people who completed what they thought were their life's dreams and there they are, sitting in a pew looking obnoxious, pissed at the world, like a rottweiler ready to attack; I just thank God that is not me!

One day this extraordinary life will find it, what she's been looking for all along; her niche, her passion, ambitions, goals, dreams, happiness, joy. Until then may a positive attitude follow me daily as I go and accomplish this thing called work wherein I earn some MONEY every two weeks. But I will keep dreaming, thinking, processing, wondering, what in the world is there for me to do that I can feel fulfilled. I will share my life with others so they can get a glimpse of my life; there's never a dull moment, never a filter, and always many laughs and smiles, Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment